Northern Rhodesians WorldwideSM
Recent Site Updates
Not every single update or event is noted here. If you notice that the "last modified" date on the home page does not match the most recent date on the list below, it's probably because the update was a relatively insignificant change or correction somewhere on the site. The reason the "last modified" date is updated even in this case is so that people realise that the site is always being fine-tuned and is not sitting dormant.
Most of the content of interest is now in the self-contained Boma, and an automated list of recent updates is maintained there.
5 October 2009:
- Implemented a host of minor site updates that were originally scheduled to go live in late 2007.
- Refreshed the layout of the GNR home page so that it can better act as a portal from which one can take the pulse of the GNR website.
- Updated various copyright notices to effectively transfer copyright in this website from NinerNet Communications Company to the Great North Road.
- Add advertising to the website.
- Add a box of random Boma links to each page to draw attention to content in the Boma.
- Added a list of recent Boma updates to the sidebar.
- Revamped menus in the sidebar, particularly adding several links to specific pages in the Boma.
- Add BBC Africa news feeds to the sidebar.
- Added a page highlighting the book The Bush and Eye by François d'Elbée, from which some of the header images in the Boma are used with his permission.
- Removed the birthday list from the footer of the website to complete the removal of personal information from public areas of the website. The birthdays reappear when you log in.
- All automated posts of birthday wishes to members by the "Birthday Bot" are now marked as private so that they can only be viewed by members when logged in.
- When viewing individual messages on the message board (rather than a page with multiple messages, as is the default), there are "next" and "previous" links so that you can go from one post to the next.
- Added an explicit notice regarding copyright to the posting page for the message board.
Join us now!
18 March 2015
| Log in
| Names Directory
| Boma (Articles)
| Recent changes
| New pages
| Popular pages
| Random page
| Message board
| BSAC Catalogue
| About us
| Contact the GNR
There have been no recent updates to the Boma.
| The Lowdown
| NR and Zambia
| Lusaka News
| Rhodesians WW
Welcome Congo expats